Thursday, June 16, 2011

Saying Thank You

I'm working my way down my list of "Things to tell Brian" about communications, "Things to tell Roger" about Name and Logo, and "Goodbye and you rock" messages to all the fabulous members who have served with me on committees and projects. I was very fortunate to find and keep the people I worked with:

Sallie, Guy, Mel, Nancy, James,
Brian M., Gary, Dennis, Brian R., Gail, Thomas, Greg, Dan W., Barbara, Terri, Bill, Erik, Tim, Rob, Dana, Lynn, Kevin, Sheila, Brad, Zee, Marc, Carol, Claire, Jill, Lessa, Kathe, Don, Jared, BethAnne, Jean B., Jean D., and many others over the years.

One of the calls I got yesterday, expressing the usual "surprise at the election outcome / gosh you sure did lots of great work / what will we do without you" sentiments also commented on my annual report in the Bulletin and how while most other officers' were filled with  "I, I, I," and wrote about everything they did and accomplished, my column was taken up with thanking my people. Well, yes, I've always believed that was the purpose of that column. Members know I get stuff done. I already had my name in lights, so to speak. For the other volunteers, that annual mention was all the reward and glory I could offer them.

They deserve everyone's thanks.

No comments: