Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Election Committee Report

The final Election Committee report is available. Just as I'm starting to feel better, I got to read over and over and over again how I lost. Oh joy.


I think one thing that steams me is how I spent so much time being open and transparent with my views on issues, unlike Cookie and Dan, only to learn that voting members don't care (I tracked how many asked me questions or visited the Web site with all my information). Are my views so way off-base that I would have done better to keep my mouth shut and fingers duct taped?

3 comments:

Jared said...

I did similarly. Few asked me any questions in the various online locations where I am a frequent poster, and only 1 or 2 people separately e-mailed me questions directly. No one clicked on the "Ask the Candidates" button for the Secretary race. On the day my blast e-mail came out, about 300+ people checked out my blog, and then it dropped back down considerably within 1-2 days.

There's just no good way of figuring out how members will vote, what's the best way to reach and convince them to vote for oneself, or anything else.

Bob B. said...

I'm sorry.

Leah said...

In my case, I already knew enough about the candidates that I didn't even bother to read what they had to say during campaign season, for the most part. Having worked with most of them, no electioneering was going to sway my opinion one way or the other. Or so I thought, until I happened to stumble upon one candidate's blast email, which did cause me to change my vote to the opponent in that race.

Anyway, I know I'm in the minority in having had the opportunity to work closely with so many of the names on the ballot, but that's my $0.02.

Mensa's loss, Robin. I hope you move on to bigger and better things. I, for one, appreciated your openness and honesty, even when I didn't always agree with you.