Monday, December 21, 2009

Starting to Think About Goals Again

I know I haven't posted in a while; this is one of those habits that seems to ebb and flow according to the things going on in my non-Mensa life. I'm still in South Carolina, but planning on heading home today. With luck and fair winds, I'll be home Tues night and able to think about Mensa again on Wed or Thurs.

Top priorities are Chicago Area Mensa nom comm stuff, helping the new Gifted Youth Committee Chair ( Lessa) develop goals for the year, and finalizing the LGS&F survey, which I want to get out before the new year.

Then I'll review all my other goals and perhaps even think to post them here, just so y'all can see and comment on my wanna-do list.

OMG... Y'all ?! I've been in the south too long, haven't I?

1 comment:

Jared said...

Nah, "y'all" is perfectly acceptable in print, IMO, since we don't have a plural for "you" (and the Brooklynesque "youse guys" is just plain wrong). I've been using "y'all" for several years prior to moving south of the Mason-Dixon Line. But I *never* use it verbally. Oof! That'd be even more painful than the ultra-rare moments when the "Lawn Guyland" accent slips into my speech.