Saturday, April 2, 2011

Getting Ready for Digital Now

I know, I know... I haven't blogged in a while. usually I blog my notes rom the AMC meeting, but this time, i was very much involved in some of the more heated scissions, so it was difficult to type at the same time. Additionally, Marc and Jared were both writing notes. Marc posted his in the forums  and Jared posted his in several places, including his own blog. I looked at both gentlemen's summaries, and pretty much agree with them.

I came home from the AMC and went right into spring break, with kids home and my mother visiting, so my mensa time has been a bit limited and consumed by the panic regarding the e-newsletter changes. The team is working on developing a full educational campaign for Group officers and general members, and you'll hear more in the coming weeks.


Meanwhile, I'm preparing for my next trip, to the Digital Now conference in Florida. Regardless of the election outcome, this will certainly teach me a great deal and pump up my enthusiasm for Mensa's future. Some of the topics I'll be learning about are:

  •  Finding the Path to Sustainable Growth
  •  How Mobility Brings Traditional and Digital Marketing Together for Successful Engagements
  •  How Global Connectivity is Revolutionizing the Way We Do Business
  •  Integrating Leadership, Strategy, and Technology to Go Global 
  •  Engaging and Empowering the New Member Volunteers
  •  Creating and Tracking Member Engagement
  •  The Art and Science of Micro Volunteerism
  •  e-Commerce Best Practices

My first task was downloading a QR app to my phone-- I'm curious to learn how this will be useful to Mensa.

I'll try to blog or tweet from the conference when I can.

No comments: