Sunday, February 7, 2010

Novel Approach to Recruitment

I read this in another blog (Acronym Jan 29, 2010) today (catching up a bit). And it struck me as a worthy exercise at both the national and local levels when we strive to recruit and retain members.
Assume that your prospects are content, lazy slouches with no ambition, little desire to expand their horizons, and zero familiarity with membership organizations. Then figure out how to make membership in your association relevant to those people.
I don't have any ideas.. it just made me go "hmmmm....."



In another post (Jan 25), he wrote
...a passion for governance eludes me. I understand all the blah blah about how important it is to the association etc., but I am asking all of you governance gurus out there: What is the source of your personal passion related to board governance? What motivates you and what rewards do you get out of it that make you feel all warm and fuzzy?
Good question. I'm putting it here to remind me to mull it over and post my answer when I get it jelled in my mind.

No comments: