Thursday, July 1, 2010

AMC Meeting July 2010

9am. First cup of coffee.

So the appointed officers were reappointed. Phew.

Governance Task Force

Recht gave a report as liaison to Gov Task Force, which does not have a formal written report. So far Eldon found people to serve. Several discussions have taken place between Eldon, John R., Jean B. Mike Eager, Nancy Heller, Frank Parth, and myself about how to proceed, identifying problems to be solved, and research and distillation of background material. Recht talked about how big this project is and how important it is to prepare and research how all the pieces interlock before any recommendations are considered.

Jean spoke about the GFT: There are concerns about the AMC told us what to Do, but not what we are supposed to ACCOMPLISH.

Robin: I’m reading and learning and reaching some surprising preliminary conclusions. I am confident that we will come up with ways to improve Mensa and guide it forward.

Recht asked the AMC and audience to feel free to give input.
(My unvoiced note: I have an interview template I’ll be using to formally gather and organize such input after the AG.. might find a moment to pull it together tomorrow so I can do interviews while I have so many people around this weekend.)

Marc: What is the chance that we’ll have recommendations in time to get them on the agenda for November. Answer: zero.

No comments: