Wednesday, June 30, 2010

AG 2010 Day 1

I doubt I'll compose any long thoughtful essays over the next few days, although I will try to do write ups of the meetings as I go along.

For now, everything is quiet and I'm just sitting in my room waiting for kids to wake up so we can go to breakfast making notes for my committee meetings this afternoon and evening (Finance, Communications, Meet the AMC, Planning) and scribbling thoughts for other meetings and presentations.

I had the pleasure last night of a quintessential Mensan conversation with Richard Lederer:
"So when you want to type an interrobang but don't have the actual character, do you write '?' and then '!' or do you put the exclamation mark first?"

Sooooo different from the sorts of questions asked and answered in my mothers' club gatherings!

No comments: