Saturday, February 12, 2022

AWOL Committees

I'm flabbergasted and frustrated beyond belief by people who eagerly join committees and then ignore requests for helping  don't participate in discussions. I mean, they just seem to vanish completely without ever telling anyone they've changed their minds about helping out.

Most of the time I just slog on without their help and input. But there are plenty of times when a project or process MUST have others' input in order to move forward. When those people simply don't respond... the project stagnates and goes nowhere. This is happening too often in too many committees.

Damnit, Robin, that's exactly the sort of thing your Volunteerism Task Force should be investigating and solving.

Yeah, well doing that would be much easier if I could get my task force members to... you know, read and respond!

No comments: