Tuesday, July 13, 2021

AMC Meeting July 10, 2021

 So I’m home and recovered from my first AMC meeting of this term (as Communications Officer).

I was super pleased with how this board looks to be functional and even in the after-meeting schmoozing, got no sense of any particular factions  forming. The Marketing Officer, Tabby, and the Membership Officer (Kimberly) and I spent a lot of time talking together and we all seem to be on the same page as far as working and communicating together since really, most of what we do overlaps significantly. I think the three of us are going to be a very good cohesive team, which is fantastic.

I definitely got the feeling that I was wanted and welcome and valued by the others. I may no longer have a vote (not even on the committee I chair!) but I’m not worried that I won’t be treated and listened to with respect. I think we’ll be able to, as they say, get shit done.

I was amused a couple of times as people mentioned high priority concerns that should be tended to. One person wanted to look at how Local Groups are funded in order to incentivize them to do more for their members. I chuckled and said "I did that already, down to the granular level of how many pennies per member per month for what. Remind me when we get home and I can send you that report” (which no one seems to even know exists). Later, Lori asked me to help with the updating Officer Handbooks project. “Sure, I have those all done already. Ping me to send you all the files.” Another example of useful stuff that all got shelved because of politics back in the day.

All in all, I have high hopes for this term.

No comments: