Thursday, January 27, 2011

Goals for the Next Couple Months

Haven't posted in a while, sorry. For those of you who wonder what I do, here are my goals for between now and March ( assuming I ever get over this nasty cold I've got— two weeks and I'm still coughing up a lung a few times a day):

• Nudge the LG Service & Funding Task Force back into working mode and get that project done, including having a concrete list of what members most need and want from LGs and how much those things cost.

• Finish guiding the AMC through the process of prioritizing and big-picture vetting of the GTF recommendations.

• Choose a few more members for the new project, the Governance Blueprint TF, and get that set up and moving.

• Finalize and explain the menu of options to present to LG editors and circulation managers regarding newsletter distribution as the USPS tightens it's regulations.

• Tidy up the N&L presentation, including translating the whole thing into PowerPoint (I made it in Keynote) so it can be a turnkey LDW resource.

• Develop a flowchart for dealing with N&L violations.

• Get working on modern policy to cover N&L use in social media.

• Put  few more finishing touches on my campaign Web site.

• Review the preliminary budget and write up my standard 3 or 4 pages of questions and comments before the Finance Comm meeting.

• Write motions for the March AMC meeting to smooth the newsletter distribution changes.

• Attend the budget meeting.

Not a goal, just something I'm doing for my own enjoyment ( and on my own dime, if you care):
attending the Electronic Gaming Colloquium!

No comments: