Sunday, October 12, 2008

Elist Confidentiality Turmoil

Ralph ranted erroneously on the AMC list and on Grapevine about a motion from a year and a half ago that never came before the AMC. I tried to correct him, as did Russ, via the AMC list. Ralph forwarded our responses to Grapevine, including the header which said “AMC posts are confidential. Obtain author permission before reposting.”

I expressed my outrage, again, only on the AMC list. What I said was: “This is outrageously unacceptable. What will be done about it?” No mention of censure, of removal from office—-nothing. Just a wail of outrage meant for a private list. Ralph apologized, proclaiming that he posted by accident… and then he forwarded THAT, including my AMC-list-only comments again to Grapevine. And he even forwarded it to MPol as well.

Lordy, how things get twisted! Now people are writing to me, telling me that no harm to Mensa has been done and that Ralph should not have any consequences. People with private axes to grind are skewering me as the bad guy here, as calling for punishment, when I have done no such thing.

To top it off, I get an off-list request by a member of the ExComm to make a motion to kick Ralph off the AMC elist. I declined to be the scapegoat, saying “I do not know what actual rule Ralph has broken. I am bone weary of being the one who stands in front of the crowd and battles the forces of dimness while the other 19 AMC members watch from the sidelines and send me off-list "you go girl" emails. I am utterly disgusted with the AMC and I don't have the energy to do the research and compose one of my brilliant omnibus arguments.

Putting forth such a motion will cause the rabble to sharpen their pitchforks and boil their tar. I'm already so raw from the abuse that I decided not to run for office. You and the rest of the ExComm are all running for office, presumably because you think you should lead this organization.

I suggest you take this opportunity to demonstrate that you can.”

And what was the reply to that? An accusation of leading the charge earlier this term to neuter the ExComm in what power it has to lead the organization and now shrinking from taking the lead that I said the ExComm should not have.

And all this while watching a different thread protesting the fact that appointed officers get to vote at all.

WTF?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I asked you before, what did I say that was incorrect regarding the proposed charter? I did accidently post comments from you and russ with my crossposts. Nothing important was disclosed. No harm was done other than violating the sacredness of confidentiality. And I apologized and will be VERY careful in the future,

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you feel like the rest of the AMC is sitting on the sidelines. I have felt the same way many times this term.

Anonymous said...

Ralph is consistently rude, thankless and alienating to his constituents.
Personally I'd like to see him removed of his duties, or at least someone else to run against him and win.

Anonymous said...

Ralph is an asshole.

Anonymous said...

ROFL: unfortunately, that can be said of many Ms....

Anonymous said...

I just want to point out - I am not the Ralph being discussed here...