Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ambient Awareness

Leah pointed me to this NY Times article and it struck a chord with me. Since starting the Facebook group, and now getting the knack of Twitter, I do find that I’m more involved and aware of people I would have otherwise barely known. What wonderful tools… making the world smaller and connecting us with so little work!

Names and acquaintances are becoming friends without me having to find time to go somewhere and mingle. And when I do finally meet some of these people, it’s so refreshing to be able to jump into conversation without having to do the small talk dance first.

It makes it easier for me to stay connected to people I care about, too. Again, I may not have physical time to socialize, but a one-click superpoke sends the message that my friends are not forgotten and that I haven’t dropped off the face of the earth, despite how it may seem sometimes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed it :)